"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pasta Lover!

Our family is a certified Pasta lover!  My son Matt can live with Spaghetti everyday! Given the choice between pasta and rice/viand, he will still choose pasta even if he's eating it for the nth time.  My daughter Belle eats pasta noodles without the sauce, sometimes with cheese only! Their Dad has a big appetite for pasta too!  Me? I love to eat and cook pasta and it's always a pleasure to make them satisfied!

We love holding get together with family and close friends in our house to celebrate special occasions. I love serving pasta dishes 80% of the time. Even if I feel tired already I still prefer to cook rather than order somewhere. I always gives me a sense of fulfillment whenever I am able to come up with a satisfying pasta dish which may be an old recipe or a new one.  

Of course, Spaghetti with tomato sauce is always popular to everyone.  My usual recipe has ground beef/pork with mushroom or hotdogs.  It's also good with diced chicken fillet with carrots, Corned beef with corn, or just plain whole tomatoes with basil.  My personal favorite is my beef lasagna (recipe shared by a good friend from my previous work), it may be very tedious to prepare but it's always well received.  

Unfortunately, I only started taking pictures lately so there's only few pictures to share.


Baked Macaroni



Seafood Marinara

Baked Penne

I remembered I was in a grocery store long time ago and they were promoting Nestle All-Purpose cream. I think I tried 2 or 3 small cups of the newly cooked Carbonara.  It really tasted so good!  From then on I am very loyal with the recipe I got from that promo.

Carbonara with Bacon and Mushroom

I'm happy that my kids appreciate the "green" pasta even though it's usually not appealing to most children. I usually serve Seafood Pesto with shrimps, squid, mussels and sometimes with scallops especially when we have guests who are vegetarian.  Pesto also tastes good with chicken fillet.  Recently, a  friend recommended that I should try Pesto with bacon and mushrooms. It's a tasty combination too!
  
Chicken Pesto Pasta
A mommy-friend told me that I should try Kung Pao Pasta. Good thing is that Clara Ole has a ready made Kung Pao pasta sauce available in 250g pouch (P29@)


According to the package instructions, you can just simmer the sauce and it can be poured readily to cooked pasta. But my friend highly recommends that I cook it with chicken fillet, roasted peanuts and spring onions. We had visitors last night for our regular Bible study so I had the chance to try it out.  The recipe can be found at the back of the pouch.  It has a sweet and spicy (mild only) taste plus it's really very easy to cook. A must-try!

Chicken Kung Pao Pasta
Thank God for good friends who share and exchange recipes with me!  Food really tastes better when shared with special people.

There are still so many recipes to try in the future. Hopefully I will have plenty of time to experiment. I'll be sharing some recipes soon :) Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment