"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Daddy's Special Day


Today is the birthday of the most generous and patient man I've ever known.  I just have to write something about his special day otherwise he might get jealous. My husband may not be expressive in words but his heart is as big as he is!  He works silently, whole-heartedly and gives the best of himself to everyone. 

He doesn't ask for any material gift but I know that he will be happy with just a special cake and a simple dinner especially prepared for him.

Homemade birthday cake with "Daddy, Matt and Belle" edible toppers
Homemade dinner - Carbonara, Baked Salmon and Focacia bread (store-brought)


Daddy, since it's your day which only happens twice a year (the other is during father's day,) let me blog about the wonderful things about you.  For a change, I will not complain this time ha.  *wink!

So let me start by saying "Thank you ...
  • for being a responsible man.  You've been so consistently hardworking since we've met 19 years ago. I knew that I am in good hands when I decided to marry you 6 years later.
  • for being an almost-perfect employee and boss. I always hear only good words from your bosses, office mates and subordinates (including our helpers too!)
  • for being a good son to Tatay Dolfo, Nanay Maring and my Nanay Lita and a good brother to your siblings and to my siblings too and the list goes on and on....
  • for being a great friend to your old friends and to my own friends and to all our common friends (super redundant!)
  • for being an appreciative eater.  You can eat anything served on the table (even nuts which are bad for you! Sorry, I promise not to say anything against you.) and you always have nice comments to say.  Maybe you really have "MSG" in your palate.
  • for being a good provider.  You really work hard for our family and we are very grateful for that.
  • for being a supportive father to Matt and Belle.  You make it a point to come home as early as possible to be with the kids before they go to sleep, attend school programs, PTCs and other school-related activities and most importantly spend quality time with them even if you are so tired and stressed from work.
  • for being a husband the way God wants you to be. For the little and sometimes big surprises for me.  I do not worry because I know you are the wall that I can always lean on to.
  • for being a man of God.  You live by faith and you strive hard to carry out God's plan for yourself, our family and others.
This quote describes you best, Daddy...
"God gave a gift to the world when you were born; a person who loves and cares, who sees a person's need and fills it, who encourages and lifts people up, who spends energy on others rather than himself, who touches each life he enters & makes a difference in the world. May the love you have shown to others return to you multiplied."

They always say that you are blessed (or maswerte ka) because I am your wife.  Sige na nga,  I am more blessed (mas maswerte ako) that you are my husband. Happy happy birthday! The celebration has just began. 

Sa birthday ko ha, ikaw naman mag-bake ha :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mommy,
    Thank you for the love and support. God blessed me with a friend, wife and mother to our children. You lead me to be good, to do good and nearer to Christ.

    ReplyDelete