"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Nice Christmas Gift

It all started when I saw this post in Smart Parenting FB page. Smart Parenting is the parenting authority for Filipino parents to help you raise bright, happy, healthy kids. For parenting tips, visit www.smartparenting.com.ph. (Taken from their FB page)


I didn't think twice, I knew I had to share our own miracle so I emailed her the link to my blog post about Matt's story.  After a few hours, Ms. Maika replied to say "Thank you for sharing your miracle story."

Two weeks after, I was surprised to receive another email from her...



Ms. Maika told me that the feature will be all about Matt's condition, the challenges he and the rest of the family experienced and how we all overcame them. Matt is turning 13 this December. My firstborn will soon be a teenager! I thought it would be nice to read our own story in a leading parenting magazine. Much better is that we can inspire other families who are also going through their own battles. After consulting my husband, I agreed and set a schedule.

The photo shoot and interview happened last Saturday, October 20 at the Summit Studio in Pasig. I explained to Matt beforehand what will happen so he's ready for the pictorial. We even practiced how he's going to smile:) Belle was also excited because they allowed her to join too.  Originally, it was supposedly me and Matt only. 

Belle had an activity in school early morning then ballet class after.  We left Alabang immediately after her class and arrived at the studio before our 2:30pm call time.  Ms. Maika started to interview me while waiting for the make-up artist and photographer. Around 3:45pm, we're ready to start the photo shoot.  I was all made-up and about to change when I realized I left my black pants at home.  I forgot to bring accessories too!  Obviously, I was not organized that day.  Tsk! I must admit I am not really used to this kind of thing.

I asked my husband to take pictures but unfortunately, photos in our camera were not so clear. I was really disappointed because I don't think I will get a copy from them. It's company policy not to give copies to the subject.

I'll just post some of the behind-the-scenes photos, we just all have to wait for the December issue to come out hopefully by the end of November.

Matt's solo pic first



Matt looks sleepy here but Alfred of Portrait Studio captured Matt's smile in his camera.


Mommy and Matt's turn
My back was aching already!  Old age!
Yey Belle's face lit up when she was called to join us!
I don't know how many times Alfred took our pics, all I know is... a lot of times!
This is my favorite!

What an exciting experience! It was our first and maybe the last. December is not too far away.  Before we know it, we'll be able to see how our pictures will turn out.  Then it would be Matt's 13th birthday which reminds me to start planning for his celebration and birthday cake soon!

8 comments:

  1. :) This sounds great!!What a lucky boy Matt!!:) Vin is also going to be 13 next week on 31st October.I'm still thinking how to celebrate it. I've stopped celebrating kiddie-b'day party at home for him when he turned 10.They are so exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to Vin! Matt usually celebrates in school. They're just a small group. At home it will be just a family celebration.

      Delete
  2. kuya Matt is such a trouper! And mommy is soooo pretty ha! Can't wait for the magazine to come out. Love to you, Shawie! :-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! Towards the end, ayaw na ni Matt magsmile pagod na!. Ang motivation nalang nya eh pupunta sya ng Fully Booked The Fort after.

      Delete
  3. Si yvonne din po fave nyang tambayan ang fully booked the fort hehehe. Ang pretty nyo po dito. I already bought a dec issue. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chique! Magkakaron na din ng Fully Booked sa ATC. Hopefully, malaki din yung space para madaling makaikot si Matt :-)

      Delete