"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Angry birds: The Making

They're back and still very popular!


I was able to take some pictures when I was doing these famous characters.  They are made of gum paste and fondant and just want to share to my readers how I made these toppers for a very special Angry Bird cake.

The most-loved Red Bird
Will be incomplete without their enemies
Enjoyed making these
It became easier as I progressed.  It's like molding with play dough. Anybody can do this! Just need the right consistency of the fondant to make it pliable.

I baked a moist chocolate cake with yummy chocolate frosting shared by a friend.  Here are more pictures of the details of the cake.  I am just disappointed with the cracks in the fondant (it maybe because of the weather or I just need to find a better recipe.)  I am challenging myself to practice some more during the summer break.






My husband enjoyed helping me in kneading the fondant and doing the grasses and stones.  Ok ba ang bonding time namin?  We really had fun doing this together.  Thank you for being my # 1 fan, supporter and assistant :)

Finally, here's the final product... It was (very very) tiring and time consuming to do this but the most rewarding part is thinking that somebody will be very happy during his special day.



4 comments:

  1. wonderful! you're indeed made to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Fabulous! Just want to know how do you make the flowers and eyes of the birds so perfect..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have flower cutters in different shapes and sizes. As for the eyes, I just roll very small circles then just flattened them.

      Delete