"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Thursday, February 02, 2012

I love Musicals!

Jan 24, 2011 - Taken at The CCP Lobby after the Premiere Night of Mamma Mia! live in Manila
I still can't get over Mamma Mia fever. Because of this, I looked for my photo albums of my trips in London, home of the Broadway Musicals. It was in 1997 when we started visiting our clients in some parts of the UK, Scotland and Ireland. I was then a Project Manager handling various accounts (Data Entry and Conversion) for several UK companies.

It was my first travel outside Asia and I was nervous but very excited of exploring the other side of the world. Our marketing company KEYDATA LTD is still based in Manchester, England until now.

With David Craft at KEYDATA Office
David Craft and Jackie Costello (marketing partners) made me feel at home away from home

I traveled with my former boss, Mr. Ed Garcia (fondly called by his initials ELG.) We may argue about lots of things but I will always remember with fondness our memorable trips together for 3 consecutive years. ELG was like a father to me and I learned a lot from him.

I have so many wonderful experiences of visiting historical places, castles and famous tourist destinations with Mr. Garcia.

Our last stop will always be in London and we'll spend 2 or 3 days for R&R.   We both love to go on city tours and watch musicals. The highlight of our stay in London would be our visit in Broadway. Our hosts David and Jackie would buy us tickets ahead of time and they would not allow us to pay. We got to watch five musicals for free!  What a treat!

Of course, Ms. Saigon was our first choice.  I can't find my souvenir program (I collected them) and I can't remember who played Kim that time. But I can recall Robert Sena played The Engineer.

Ms. Saigon - May 1997
On our 2nd trip in 1998, we chose two famous musicals Les Mis and Phantom of the Opera. "On My Own" and "All I Ask of You" are all-time favorites!  Btw, The Phantom of the Opera will be staged in Manila later this year.

Les Miserables - May 1998
Watched Phantom right after our client's meeting

In 1999, I was already 5 months pregnant with Matt when I travelled again for our annual conference with our clients in Scotland. Nothing can stop us from watching 2 shows again -- CATS and BUDDY HOLLY Story.
CATS - May 1999
I looked so tired here!

Back home, Hubby and I really find time to watch musicals every now and then. It is one of the things that we both enjoy doing together. We've watched They're Playing our Song, Baby, Ms. Saigon, The Sound of Music and soon Mamma Mia again. Unfortunately, we missed a lot of nice local musical plays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I end, I would just like to mention that this post is also in remembrance of my former boss and our Ninong Ed (one of the principal sponsors in our wedding.) Mr. Garcia passed away in 2005 because of Cancer. He was a heavy smoker and I would always remind (even pleaded) him to stop smoking not only for his sake but also for sake of the people around him. He would just tell me "life is too short we might as well enjoy it." Oh well!

Thank you Sir for the good memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment