"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mamma Mia!


"A Mother
A Daughter
Three Possible Dads
And a trip down the aisle that you'll never forget!"


I've been wanting to see Mamma Mia!  musical ever since I've watched the movie starring Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgard in 2008. It was considered the highest grossing movie of all time at the UK and Irish film box office and the highest grossing musical film worldwide. "The number speak for themselves, but it is the numbers in the show - the glorious, instantly memorable ABBA songs- and the way they are fused so effortlessly into the story, that makes it work again."  ABBA songs are timeless! I will never get tired of listening to them. Belle was only 2 years old then and she was singing "Dancing Queen" again and again. I can't resist including her funny "You can dance" video below.




It was such a wonderful experience and a dream come true when I was officially counted as one of more than 50 million people who have seen the world's smash hit Mamma Mia! now being staged live in Manila.  My sister Ruth invited me to join her in the Premiere Night last January 24 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP.)  She was invited by the PR of Concertus, Inc (one of the companies who also brought Cats in Manila last year.)


We're both ABBA fans! Thanks for sharing your extra VIP ticket with me :)

A-W-E-S-O-M-E show indeed!  From the very talented cast, simple yet true to life production set, gorgeous men (especially Sky), well-choreographed numbers, funny scenes (Rosie is the best!) to the greatest hit songs of ABBA. The cast deserved the standing ovation from the audience.  From our seats on the 3rd row, we can't help but sing and dance during the finale. They performed Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen and Waterloo. What a great great night to remember!!!
 
I am sharing official photos from the Press Kit given to my sister when she was invited to attend the press con at Dusit Thani where she met some of the cast of Mamma Mia. You can read her blog here. I have asked her permission to use them in my own blog.  No copyright infringement intended.  
 
"Honey, Honey" Sophie with BFF's Ali and Liza
Sophie with her 3 possible dads Sam, Harry and Bill
"Money, Money, Money"
"Super Trouper" - Tanya, Donna and Rosie
"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"
"Does Your Mother Know"
"Slipping through my fingers" - Donna and Sophie
The Wedding Scene - Sky and Sophie
"I Have a Dream" - Reprise
"Mamma Mia" - Finale
"Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"

I've been able to watch a number of musicals in the past but I can say that Mamma Mia! is my most favorite of them all.

On my next post I will share how my "love affair" with musicals started :)

2 comments:

  1. Aliw ang video ni Belle! Singer na talaga noon pa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobrang tawang-tawa sya pag pinapanood nya yan ngayon. Bakit ko daw pinost! Sobrang dami nyang video ng Dancing Queen. Yung iba puro "You can dance" lang!!!

    ReplyDelete