"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Monday, January 23, 2012

Top 10 Tips I

I am reading a Devotional Book for Mothers which contains many inspiring stories and insights on motherhood.  Every now and then, I will post Top 10 Tips, Wise Words and other things that might also be helpful to other moms like me.  So here's the first one ...

What the Bible Says You Can Know and Do Concerning Your Children
  1. God breathed life into your child and knows the number of every hair on his or her head. 
  2. God always sees your child.
  3. God loves your child immeasurably more than you do.  
  4. God considers your child His own. 
  5. God wants the very best for your child -- and he knows what is the "very best." 
  6. God urges you to pray for your child. 
  7. God promises that when you pray, he is listening and takes your requests to heart. 
  8. God has provided wisdom through the Holy Spirit. 
  9. God reminds you that adversity builds strength and he's able to give your child help and peace in any circumstance. 
  10. God urges you to let go of anxiety about your child. 
It's good to be reminded of these things. Our children are God's precious gifts to us. What a privilege that he has chosen us to raise, care, protect and love them!  We are the ones who will carry His plans for them but it should always be for His glory and not our own.

I always pray that I may live up to God's expectation as a mother. There's a saying that, "Children bring out the best in us and the worst in us."  I made lots of mistakes and sometimes I am not setting a good example to them so I ask for His forgiveness. Our God is gracious and loving, I know He will see me through all of these and guide me every step of the way.

Thank you Lord for these two precious gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment