"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Belle's Birthday Series: The Party

For the past 5 years, Belle has been celebrating her birthday at home. We only had a big party during her 1st birthday but the other four, it was just always with family and very close friends.


This year, she requested if she can invite selected classmates and friends, more or less 20 kids total including her cousins.  It's not a small party after all.  I have requested an Art teacher and good friend Rosevie to conduct art activities with the kids and prepare some games too.

The party was set on her exact birth date, May 26th. The weather was perfect.  It didn't rain unlike the previous days. It was such an exciting day for our little princess! 

She's all dressed up an hour before her guests arrived and the first to have her face painted with 6 cute and glittering hearts.


Her friends started to arrive and became busy with the mask painting.


Soon, the games started.  We prepared lots of prizes and they all enjoyed selecting their prizes even if they lost in the games.





It's time to blow her six little candles!  All the kids were excited with her Tangled Castle Cake.  I asked Belle what's her wish, she whispered to me that she would like to have fairy wings so she can fly!

Eating time...  Since I had a big cake to prepare, we decided to have the food catered this time to save me from cooking. Our long time friends Jimmy and Cathy Laurian of Cafe Urbe prepared a sumptuous food for us. We had Baked Macaroni, Roast Beef with buttered vegetables, Fish fingers, Chicken Alexander and Pork BBQ.  They even brought 50 cupcakes as a gift for Belle.  I baked my all-time favorite red velvet cake for dessert.


Everybody was curious what's inside the castle cake so I did the honor of slicing the cake and sharing with everyone.  They even enjoyed the small fondant stones and flowers around the cake.  Rapunzel almost fell down because the kids kept on pulling and eating her hair :)
Moist Chocolate Cake
 Next was another fun part... Cookie Decorating!


Good job kids!
Then, Pabitin and Pinata time...



Belle's special message "Thank you for coming to my party. Thank you Daddy and Mommy for this party!"  She's really very happy and she showed us how grateful she is!

Giving of the Loot bags
The party lasted for more than 4 hours.  Some of them went swimming while the others continue with the art activities. Family and very good friends continued arriving until dinner. Indeed, a great celebration and thanksgiving for the gift of life for Belle.
Moon Dough gifts from Daddy, Mommy & Kuya Matt
"Thank you for all the wonderful gifts"
It's so funny Belle is already thinking of what her cake would be on her 7th birthday.  She told me she would like another castle cake with lots of fairies. Oh my, at least I still have one year to prepare :)

See previous posts: The Cake and The Preparations.

4 comments:

  1. wow what a big party for such a small girl! Bonggang bongga naman. I'm sure her 7th bday will be even bigger & better! Such a blessed child to have loving, kind & supportive parents! Happy bday, pretty Belle! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! I miss your post pala, so sorry! Thanks again. We always want to give the best to our kids di ba? Basta kaya ng budget!

      Delete
  2. Hi! My daughter LOVED your Rapunzel cake.She's only 9 but very interested in cooking n stuff-unlike me;) Do you have a video or website where you show the methods of your cakes?? Would love to show my daughter and maybe bake something for her...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All girls adore Rapunzel! So sorry I don't have a website. I only post in my blog if I have the time. I am an internet/you-tube student. I bought lots of cake decorating books too!

      Delete