"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas! (Part II)

Finally, I am 95% complete with our Christmas decorations at home.  I am so proud of myself that I was able to resist buying new ornaments even if I am very tempted  whenever I see them in stores and bazaars.  As I've mentioned in my previous post, my goal is to save and just recycle whatever I have collected the past years.

Fortunately, most of my ornaments are still in good condition even if they are more than five years old already. My secret is personally taking care of packing our ornaments. They are carefully wrapped in papers or plastics before storing. Boxes are labelled properly so I know what's inside in each box. I also make sure that they are dust-free. Thankfully I have very able helpers to wipe them clean or wash if necessary.

Our home is now all ready for Christmas!

Our facade...

3-yr old Capiz Lanterns from Pampanga

Front door

Foyer....

Angels from S&R
Carolers and Elves from Dapitan
Belle says Daddy and Mommy are the carolers while they are the elves but she stressed out that she's not fat like the them but Kuya Matt is!!!

Snowmen from Dapitan, Christmas Tee from Rustans
This Santa (and Santa Bear in the center table of our living room) are the kids' favorite because they're touch or sound-activated (even by Daddy's sneeze!) Whenever Matt comes home from school, he shouts "Santa" upon entering our house. It's like they're welcoming him home :)

Santa swings his legs while singing "Santa Claus is coming to town"
Red socks (P10@ in a mall sale)
Animated Santa Mickey and Minnie (bought this from a garage sale in 2007)
Winnie the Pooh was also bought with Mickey & Minnie
Pooh is carrying gifts for Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger (so cute!)
My favorite butterflies from Florasilk
 Living area...


Nativity scene (gift from a good friend)
Singing/Dancing Santa Bear "Jingle Bells"
Side Table with flower arrangement from Designer Blooms and Christmas Village from Gourdos
My hubby loved this! My favorite too :)
Orange-Copper poinsettias from Florasilk
 Kitchen....



 Dining area...
Dining Table centerpiece
Buffet Table
Collected over the years (half of them were gifts)
 Lanai ...



12 yr old Christmas balls (Megamall sale!)
Tiny Christmas Tree
6 yr old flower arrangement from Designer Blooms

Let us always remember that Christmas decorations are just part of our traditions. For most of us, Christmas is incomplete without the glittering lights, festive decorations and gift giving. But isn't it more important to make Jesus Christ the central focus of our celebrations?  The greatest love of all happened during our Savior's birth -- when God sent His only son so that we may be saved. He was born to die so we may live!

Matthew 1:21 (NIV)

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

John 3:16 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The purpose of His birth will be completed in us when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior and making Him the center of our lives.  Let's celebrate His birth everyday not only during Christmas season.  Always keep Jesus present in our daily lives through our words and actions. May we be blessings to others so that God will bless us more.

I am very grateful for everything that we have. I thank God for my family who always inspires me to be a better person. May the Lord help me in fulfilling my assignment as a wife and a mother. May I strive to be an inspiration and a source of blessings to others. I also pray for those who are less fortunate, that in spite of their situations, may they find the true happiness and joy of the season by knowing our Lord Jesus. 

Merry Christmas to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Omg Christmas wonderland pala bahay mo Sharon haha every nook meron kang decor!!! Pupunta ako Jan ki in ko yung iba, hahaha!!! ;P I love what you've done, so festive!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi naman every nook :) pagpumunta ka dito you'll see kalat-kalat din sila! Kapagod din sa wakas I can focus with baking naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Sharon, you have a beautiful home there and so beautifully you have decorated it for Christmas. God has blessed you indeed!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! It's the time of the year again...

      Delete