"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas! (Part I)

It's the time of the year again!  I usually start decorating for Christmas right after Halloween.  My challenge this year is that I will not buy any new decors. I have to recycle and just be creative! 

Let me start with our tree. I am always fascinated by big trees, full of lights and colorful ornaments. Our first Christmas tree was only 6 ft tall. We used it for five years in our first house but gave it away to my mother when we transferred in 2006. We have a bigger space so it's a good excuse to buy a taller and more bushy tree. 

I happen to visit the showroom of Florasilk (near SM Southmall) and I fell in love with their trees and beautiful displays. I didn't realize that it would be very costly to fill up a big tree! I bought some ornaments and just re-used my old collection of ribbons, balls and poinsettias.

2008
2009

This year I bought LED lights for the tree so we can save on electricity. I usually put up the upper part first with the lights then assemble the lower part.  I always get lots of scratches in my arms after all the branches are put in place.  They say that when you're not in a good mood do not decorate your tree. Otherwise, you'll only be disappointed! I find this so true :)


Excitedly waiting for Mommy to finish the tree


Thistle and white flowers from Designer Blooms
Red and Green flowers from SM
Red berries, Red and Gold balls and butterflies (SM and Natural Arts)

Topper

After a few days, I was able to complete it and my little girl is so happy!

Finally! Our 9 ft Christmas tree + 2 " stand and topper.




It may not be as pretty as the displays in the malls but I am pleased with what I have created. Our Christmas tree is always the first one up and then the rest will follow according to my moods....


All set for Christmas with Mickey, Minnie and Pooh!

3 comments:

  1. Super tiyaga ka talaga Sharon haha! As in ikaw talaga ang nag-decorate ha you're my idol! ;)) I love love love your tree!!! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane for your nice comments. Your kind words always brighten my day! God bless you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there! I was searching for local bloggers who were blogging about Christmas decor and stumbled upon your blog. Wonderful finds and what a lovely tree! :) I'm about to come up with my Christmas decor post for the year. I love that you also go with the green and red theme — me, too! :) www.daintymom.com

    ReplyDelete