"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Belle's Birthday Series: The Cake

I've been long preparing for my little girl's 6th birthday celebration.  She has requested me to bake a cake with Rapunzel on her tall tower!  I got my inspiration from a blog shared to me by a Korean Cake Decorator Deborah Hwang.  She was kind enough to give me a link to her blog. Unfortunately, it was written in her native language so I just relied on the photos.  I am really very grateful to her!

May 25 - one day before the big day. I started assembling the cake although I baked them the day before. I only have limited pictures and I always say "Sayang, I should have captured everything in my camera!"

The Tower
Two batches of chocolate cake
I was too busy and pressed for time I forgot to take pictures.  My hands were so messy all the time.  After more than 6 hours, with breaks in between, the cake was 90% completed. It's already 3am of May 26,  Belle's birthday! 


Of course, I wouldn't have done this without the help of his Daddy.  He prepared all the fondant for me, kneading them patiently to get the right texture.  He also stayed awake even if he was so tired from work and helped with the small decorations. I can't wait for our little girl to see her birthday cake.  I promised that it will be ready by the time she wakes up.  The sun was almost up when I went to bed!

Here are some more pictures of her Tangled Castle Cake.
 

 What a lovely smile from the birthday girl! We love you so much! Happy 6th birthday!


4 comments:

  1. awwwww!! such sweet & loving mommy & daddy. Belle is doubly blessed! I'm sure it's her happiest birthday ever. Happy birthday lovely Belle! :-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! It's very fulfilling when our kids appreciate what we are doing for them. It was indeed her happiest birthday! She's already planning for her 7th!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely cake, Sharon! :) I'm sure your daughter was giddy with happiness when she saw her cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Aikko! She was so delighted the whole day and kept on telling her friends that Mommy and Daddy made it for her :)

      Delete