"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gratefulness of a child!

Most of the time, it's very hard to be thankful if we are in very difficult situations.  How can you be grateful when your heart is so heavy with fears and worries?  But God has commanded us and we should obey.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

The more we pray, the better we feel and the more we get used to being grateful. This is one of my heart's desires, to be appreciative of everything that I have and avoid looking for things that I don't have. I want to live my life with gratefulness in my heart in all circumstances.

I have a funny story to tell about Matt...

My son is (literally) growing up so fast!  His shirts (pantulog) are all too tight already. I went to Robinson's at Festival Mall last week to buy him white comfortable shirts and pajamas. I was rummaging through the pile of t-shirts in the men's section when I found some very interesting prints that I'm very sure he would really love.  Shirts cost only P119.95 each. I asked the sales lady if there are other artists (I plan to buy more) but she said only these four are available.







Matt is particularly interested in music.  I am amazed at his memory bank. When he read about something that interests him, he never forgets.  He's very familiar with all the music artists from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and especially of this generation. There was a time we were watching "Who wants to be a millionaire?" and he was able answer the 1-million question about the original artist who sang a particular song.

When I told Matt about the shirts, he got very excited but he was not able to see them because they're already being washed so he can wear them asap. 

The following night, I prepared John Lennon shirt on his bed (since he's the most famous and the only one I knew!)  After wearing it, he insisted to get the other three.  To our surprise, he wore one after the other and proudly said, " Hey, look at me I'm wearing... John Lennon, greatest artist of all times, Jimi Hendrix, the greatest bass guitarist in the 70's, Bob Dylan, the greatest singer-songwriter and Bob Marley, the best reggae singer!"   I said, "ano daw?" He really knew each of them! He hugged me and said "Thanks for the shirts Mom. I love them!"  He insisted that he wanted to wear them all.  Nobody and nothing that we said can convince him to remove the other 3 shirts! He was hugging the shirts until he finally slept (baka daw tanggalin ko haha!)

How appreciative is my son!  He also did not forget to thank God for his new shirts. He usually doesn't ask for anything, he just enjoys what he has and he shows it through his words and actions.  I felt so happy that night.  He was so thankful and I was reminded to be the same. Just learned a great lesson from my sweet big baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment