"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"He Knows My Name"

I am writing this post for my dear friend Jovy. Just last week, her 5 year old son RJ was diagnosed with Leukemia. I was really sadden when I read her FB status.
 
RJ's Condition
BAD NEWS: a) positive for leukemia, ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) type Precursor b) treatment is 3 year chemotherapy with 5 months intensive treatment c) estimate cost 500k for the 1st month 
GOOD NEWS: a) ALL Pre B is the curable type of leukemia common in children b) Doctors consider his case good prognosis with 70% of survival and cure c) RJ has a God who loves, heals and provides for his needs...
 
The pain of a mother especially when it involves her children is unexplainable.  I exactly know the feeling because I've been in the same situation when I gave birth to my first-born son and he had a congenital spine defect. Our family has been through a lot but we survived. All I know is that I was able to rise above my fears because of the support of our family and friends.  They have bombarded God with their prayers! More importantly, Jovy and I shared a common denominator. We have the same God who is loving and merciful to His children.

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Surely this includes healing for RJ.  The Lord can and He will heal RJ in His own perfect time.  He will provide for all of your needs just as he promised His children.

Jovs, it's your birthday on Friday, November 18 and I pray for God to strengthen you and Popo during this very difficult time. Let me share with you one of my favorite worship songs. 

He Knows My Name

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands.

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call.

We belong to God and no one can snatch us from His hands. I may not be able to be with you physically but I will always remember you in my prayers. Happy birthday! Hugs to you :) 

2 comments:

  1. This is just so sad, Sharon! :'(( I feel so bad for them both. It's so hard when our kids get sick and all we can do is look helplessly at them when they come to us for comfort!

    We have a high school friend whose son also had the same type of leukemia as RJ. Thank God he is now 99% better. But it was a long & draining battle.

    I wish your friend well, and will include RJ in our family prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jane! God is always greater than anything in this world. We just need to trust and obey and let Him carry us during our painful battles in life.

    Jovy will be able read your post soon. God bless!

    ReplyDelete