"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Angelina Ballerina

Belle and I had a very special bonding earlier this evening.  She saw me modelling a pig using gum paste and decided to join me.  Lately, I am very interested in doing figure modelling and I am seriously practicing when I have the time.

I was doing Ms. Piggy's hair and Belle wanted to do her own version

Our work :)  The hair keeps falling! Tsk!
I've been wanting to do Angelina Ballerina since I saw this cake topper in one of the blogs I am following. I was requesting the blogger (she lives in Malaysia, a mommy-baker too) to give me a tutorial and promise to take step by step pictures when she has the time.


But I can't wait for her tutorial, I have to do it now on my own.  I was very inspired because Belle is a big fan of Angelina Ballerina and we always watch the show together.
A certified fan!  She has more than 10 cds (3 episodes each)
Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures because Belle was following what I'm doing. You have to work fast because gum paste dries immediately when exposed.

Almost done
My little student's work, Angelina is doing floor exercises
It's already 7:30pm and I still have to do Angelina's hands, I asked Belle to clean up because it's already time to sleep. I can't stop... I have to finish her tonight so I that don't have to dream of Angelina again.

So here's my version of Angelina Ballerina! Not too bad but I need more practice. Belle might want to bring her in school for her Show-and-Tell!
 
Her ears should be bigger!  I forgot her eyelashes and eyebrows!
Oh no! arms too big :( I can hear Belle's ballet teacher "Back straight girls!" 


Belle asked me, "Mommy, why is your work nicer than mine?"  I told her, " Your work is nice too! You did a great job and you're only 5 years old. We have plenty of time to practice."  And she's off to bed after our conversation.



So what's next? I have to bake a nice cake for Angelina to sit on!  And I have to own this book by Debbie Brown which I think is not available locally.



2 comments:

  1. too cute for words!!! :) even belle's version beside mommy's is simply adorable. good job, girls! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :) Belle brought Angelina in school today for her Show-and-Tell. Nagdala pa sya ng gumpaste/fondant to demo to her classmates, papatikim daw nya! Kaaliw!

    ReplyDelete