"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

About Blessings

I heard a wonderful message in church (Bread from Heaven Christian Fellowship) last Sunday through Pastor Doy Castillo.  It's about how blessings are released to God's people.

Genesis 1:26-31 (NIV)

    26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”  27 So God created mankind in his own image,
   in the image of God he created them;
   male and female he created them.
 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
    29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
    31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day. 

God has chosen his people even before creation.  He has also declared the blessings upon his chosen ones back then.  Blessings are anything that make us feel good. However, some blessings are freely given but some blessings are still stored up in heaven waiting to be released to his people.

There are 3 important principles for God to release His blessings to us:

1. Blessings are released in relation to God's purpose for you in this world (v 26.)  We are created to be God's image bearer.  People should see in us who God is and what He is like.  I am working very hard on this! I am a very impatient person and I always want to get things done right. Otherwise, my "not-so-good" side really comes out :(  Lord, give me lots and lots of patience and understanding!

2. Blessings are released in relation to the path or program assigned to us (v 28.)  We need to assess if we are in the right program.  I was once a career woman but after thinking a thousand times I decided to be a full time housewife and mom.  This I think is the right path for me and I am doing my best to stay focused on my own program.

3. Blessings are released in relation to the persons given in your life. [Eve was assigned to Adam but he failed and they were both punished for their disobedience.] Be with the right people.  Take care of those who are assigned to your life by God. My life revolves around my family.  I would rather stay at home and be with them most of the time. My greatest desire is to raise my kids the way God wants them to be.

Remember the 3 P's - Purpose, Program and Persons.  Work on these three and blessings will just come, you don't even have to ask.

I'm looking forward every week because the theme for the month of February centers on Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment