"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspired by Peggy

I started collecting books after I enrolled in a cake decorating class late last year. Two of my favorite cake decorating books were written by Peggy Porschen. A little bit expensive but so worth it! 



To date, I have created two cakes inspired by her designs.
Valentine's Heart
My Valentine Cake (Feb 2012) Surprise for hubby
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Vertical lines using royal icing and flowers made with gumpaste)

The next one is a combination of Peggy's White Spring Posies and very nice creations from The Designer Cake Company.


I made this green and pink cake for a good friend's birthday last month.

Moist Chocolate Cake covered with fondant topped with ribbon roses
I used a fondant extruder for the green stems
My cakes may not be as nice as theirs but they're not so bad for an amateur. Practice makes perfect and I intend to do some more hopefully when I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment