"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Red Velvet Cake

"A Red Velvet Cake (RVC) is very dramatic looking with its bright red color that is offset by a creamy white frosting.  If we look beyond the striking appearance of this Red Velvet Cake, we will find that it has a mild chocolate flavor with a moist and tender crumb. The mild chocolate flavor comes from adding a small amount of cocoa powder to the batter and buttermilk gives it a moist and tender crumb. Buttermilk has a nice thick creamy texture with a rich tangy buttery taste that makes baked goods tender. The type of frosting used on a Red Velvet Cake can vary but the most common is cream cheese frosting."

I can't count how many times I baked RVC. It has become an all-time favorite of family, relatives and friends who were able to taste this not so common and very intriguing cake. I'm not sure why famous bakeshops do not sell RVC.


1st RVC - Birthday cake for my father-in-law
I read that RVC is best topped with fresh fruits so I tried it with strawberries and kiwis.  It really tasted so yummy!


I sometimes fill it between layers...


Friends keep on requesting for more....


and more...

and more!

I even tried to decorate it for Valentine's day...



Here's the good news! I am seriously considering of accepting orders this summer (just in time for Mother's day.)  I just need to sit down and do some costing.  I will announce as soon as I'm ready!

*I would like to thank my good friend and fellow baking enthusiast Maidz for sharing her recipe with me.

2 comments: