"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Barbie Doll Cake

I just made my 3rd Barbie doll cake for the daughter of a friend from the office.  See my previous creations here.  It may be very time-consuming but really fulfilling to create something that will make a birthday celebrant happy on his or her special day.  

I was not able to take pictures while working on the cakes and cupcakes because I was rushing (again!) so I'll just post whatever pictures I have from my I-Phone.  The design of Barbie's dress was inspired by a picture I saw in the internet.  I fell in love with the pink skirt so I challenge myself to make my own version.

I baked 2 batches of my most requested moist chocolate cake with rich chocolate frosting.  I'm very pleased with my work this time! I think I am getting better! My fondant looks smoother compared to my previous cakes. 

Felt so good after sticking Barbie's body on the cake after hours of working on the fondant!

I can't wait to work on the details of the dress. I cut plenty of white and dark pink flowers and placed them in a line around the skirt. I just had to use my tiny white dragees to make it more elegant looking.  Do you agree?

The 5-layer skirt took me more than an hour (maybe 2) to complete
More flowers on her waist and shoulder straps. What a pretty face!
Can't resist making her a pearl bracelet too!
She's done!

Then a batch of red velvet cupcakes with whipped cream cheese frosting. I just bought some girly stuff cutters (dress, hat, shoe and bag) and thought they would perfectly match Barbie cake.  I made the toppers ahead of time.

Shades of pink toppers with silver and pink dragees
with the birthday celebrant's name AINA, she turned 9 today.
This picture was taken few minutes before they were picked up by the celebrant.  I was so excited to see the look on her face.  It took me 2 days to finish but I really enjoyed doing these!

As I always say, my creations (maybe gift or paid order) are all lovingly made and given away.  
 

I am getting a lot of inquiries from friends who would like to order for the kids' birthdays. I told them I won't commit and still have to schedule first. If I have the time and there won't be any conflict with my kid's activities, I will be very willing to make something special for their little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment