"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Sunday, April 15, 2012

1st Violin Lesson

I'm so excited when my little girl expressed her interest to take up violin lessons although I'm not surprised because it runs in our blood (father's side.)  My grandfather was a great sax player, my brother is a classical guitarist and some of my cousins play the piano, violin and sax.

Even if it's too far away from Alabang,  I am committing myself to drive her twice a week (for the next six weeks) to UP Diliman to attend Creative Music Appreciation class and Violin lessons. So far, she's very happy with the first session of both classes.

College of Music Bldg.
Very first lesson with Teacher Silke Hipolito
Playing the violin or any other musical instruments requires patience, discipline, hard work, perseverance, passion and love for music.  I want these qualities developed in Belle as I was not able to continue with my piano lessons when I was a child. I can read notes but I can say I am not really meant to be a pianist.

Here's a short video during her lesson (this is the very first time she played a real violin)

We all look forward to hear you play beautiful music in the near future, Belle!  Enjoy all the opportunities coming you way.

No comments:

Post a Comment