"Blessed are the Mothers who love to fight life's battles bravely with a strong and steadfast faith in God,
for their children shall know where to find strength in time of need."

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cake Pops!

I've been wanting to make cake pops when my friend Jinky (now based in Chicago) introduced me to the cute cakes on sticks early this year.  She's my idol in baking since our high school days. She has created so many beautiful cakes for everyone.  The "in" now is cake pops or lollicakes so maybe I should also give it a try.

Jinky's Lady bug pops
Gift from Jinky when I visited her last May

I am running out of ideas for Christmas giveaways for my kids' classmates so I thought of making simple Christmas cake pops.  It looks so simple but not so true for first timer like me!

To make pops, you will need:
1 Package of any boxed cake mix  (Baked as directed or you can bake from scratch)
Any of your favorite frosting (Canned or homemade)
Candy melts
Popsicle sticks 
Sprinkles or any edible decorations
Wax paper
Procedure:
  1. Bake cake (I used Brownie mix) and allow to cool completely.
  2. Crumble the cake in a bowl then add frosting. Mix thoroughly.
  3. Shape dough into balls and place on a tray with wax or parchment paper
  4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
  5. Melt candy coating (I used my left over ganache from Matt's cake last night) 
  6. Gently insert a stick (I used a small bbq stick) into the ball to create a small hole. Dip end of Popsicle stick in candy melts and insert into cake ball. 
  7. If you find the cake too soft you can put them back in the ref for about 10 mins to help the cake stay on the stick.
  8. After taking the pops out of the ref allow 5 mins before dipping the ball into the candy melts. 
  9. Add sprinkles

Here's what I created for Belle's classmate....

It would have been easier if I had styro so I can just stick the pops
Just wrapped in plastic and ready to go!
Made 23 of these

I was so tired because of many sleepness nights of baking and preparing for Kuya Matt's birthday.  But I felt so happy and fulfilled when I saw the excitement of Belle's classmates when they got her Christmas giveaway.

Belle enjoying her colorful cake pop!
I will definitely do this again and again!

Hi Jena, you can also refer to this site. It has step by step procedure and pictures for you to follow. Have fun and enjoy baking pops!

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much Sharon! :) jena is delighted for the special mention <3 And! we can use ready-made cake na pala, so it will be SO MUCH EASIER for me hahaha!!! ;P

    Mwah mwah!! Will inbox you pics if we are successful in follwing your step-by-step guide! Keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure! Kayang-kaya nyo yan:) kahit tira-tirang cake sa ref pwede din :)

    ReplyDelete